Registrations are open for Carbon EDGE pilot workshops to be held across Australia from October – December 2023. Carbon EDGE is a two-day training program for the red meat industry, providing participants with an understanding of the opportunities for emissions reduction and carbon storage activities in a livestock grazing business. Carbon EDGE is unique because it provides independent, relevant and current industry research and fact-based information.
Carbon EDGE will cover:
- key terminology and concepts relating to greenhouse gases (GHG) within the red meat industry
- understanding the greenhouse gas emissions footprint within individual livestock businesses
- in-depth information on the practices to reduce and sequester GHG within a livestock grazing business
- weighing up opportunities and risks associated with generating carbon credits and how they can be used to benefit livestock businesses
- understanding carbon neutrality and how it aligns to your business goals
- developing a carbon action plan that incorporates practical, achievable strategies to meet your objectives.
Pilot workshops will be offered at a discounted rate of $750 per person. Also, please note that places at these pilot workshops are limited and you are encouraged to register early.
19– 20 Oct Bunbury, WA
31 Oct – 1 Nov Hay, NSW
9 – 10 Nov Mackay, QLD
28 – 29 Nov Alice Springs, NT
5 – 6 Dec Benalla, VIC
Registrations are now open for red meat producers via this link – Carbon EDGE (pinionadvisory.com).
If none of these dates or locations suit you, Carbon EDGE will roll out in 2024 across Australia, delivered in partnership with industry service providers. Please contact Hilary Connors firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.